Re: digital camera does some nifty tricks....

---------

From: Teri Brudnak (tbrudnak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 17:05:53 PST

Well today I finally tried out the TV "slide show" with the Fuji
FinePix40i digital camera. Last night I took about 20 shots from the
Phaidon book "500 Self Portraits". Today I plugged this little wonder
camera into the TV and showed the pictures to my advanced art class.
Push the button to advance the shots...click,click. That was it. The
images appeared full screen. (Their next assignment is a self portrait
painting and I wanted to give them a chronology of work to see and
discuss.) It was a snap.

This camera is about the width and length of a computer floppy disc and
about one inch thick.

It is a super CCD camera--Fuji came up with a new charge couple device.
It has a macro setting that is unbelieveable--about an inch away from
your subject---such excellent detail. The zoom is about average. No
interchangeable lenses. Runs about $550.00 or so. Eats batteries when
you have the LCD dislplay on..use the view finder instead. You can get a
cord to run it off an outlet.

(and it also works as an MP3 player....yowsa!)

Teri B
(where's my spring break?)

---