music composition grant help?

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 18:51:41 PST

My daughter (age 25, working for a publisher in Chicago, with a
music/anthropology degree) wants to write a grant to fund research for
herself, teaching children in elementary school how to compose their own
music with a program she has worked up that is as easy as drawing or
painting freely. As an artist and educator, I'm very impressed with it! But
how in the heck does someone start looking for grants and get the ball
rolling? Can anyone suggest anything to me that I can relay to her? And....
Should she do it a doctorate, or can it be done with a regular classroom
teacher ??

We're just starting to investigate, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance... wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to use her
approach and have kids composing as easily as they paint, write, and speak?
I'm excited for her! I've seen it work, and any of us could do it.

Good things for kids,
MaryAnn

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com
We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are dull, some are
pretty, some are broken, most have strange names, all are different colors
... and they fit perfectly in the same box! ~ author unknown

---