NEW YORK, NEW YORK

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 18:06:59 PST

WOW!!!! I am still catching my breath from the whirl
wind of a conference. Congratulations to the
organizing committee ( Nancy W.) for the enormous task
of putting this all together. I imagine that something
of this magnitude does not always go over without
headaches and pains. Nancy, if you are reading this
there are not enough words to say thankyou for your
hard work in all this.
I am particularily enjoying the post conference
experiences that everyone is sharing. It just shows
me how many things I missed. I wish we could all go
back and do it all again.
I have been to New York several times with my school
groups and family, but this is the first time I
actually got to see New York on my own. Still not
enough time to see and do everything.
Great to meet some of the Artsednetters however I
missed everyone at the Wednesday dinner. I was there,
and even went around to a few tables asking if anyone
was from the group of Artsednetters. I guess it was a
comedy of errors for me or a revolving door where you
went in and I was going out. This was my greatest
dissappointment of the conference and the fact that I
ordered a big meal and could not believe my eyes when
I saw the feast of food that Binney and Smith had. I
just sat back and watched everyone eat, another
learning experience in conference going I guess.
Sorry I also missed the get together at Jane's in
Brooklyn Sunday night, I was on my way home. However,
I did make some time to walk the Brooklyn Bridge, what
an awesome experience. This bridge says it all about
New York. I walked across the bridge with a tape of
Frank Sinatra singing New York, New York - what more
could one ask for.
I'm still going through bags of stuff I collected from
the vendors display and probably won't get to the
bottom of the bag until the next conference.

Anyway. Hope to catch up with more of you in Miami.