Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project


From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 16:16:14 PST

I remember using this several years ago also. I ordered it from S & S
Catalogs, 1 800 243-9232 or I recently looked for
it and was told it was taken off the market because of its toxicity. I've
used the plastic dip from the hardward store also--not the same thing, it's
an opaque, usually red rubbery plastic for dipping tool handles.

If you find it I would like to know about it also.

Thanks. Judie

>It's called plastic dip. It is also used to dip tool handles. I am fairly
>certain that Lowes and most hardware/auto parts stores carry this item.
>----- Original Message -----

>> Mary Lynn wrote:
>> >
>> > About 20 years ago I worked with an occupational therapy group (art
>> > projects) and we used a canned dip substance to create flowers, etc. It
>> > was available in fairly bright colors and to use it you dipped wire