Re: portfolios

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 14:30:33 PST

I'm just curious to see how others feel --
Do you feel it's better for young children to be able to bring their work
home immediately after they create it, or to have it stored in these
portfolios we're discussing?
I must have read somewhere that it's "better" for children's sense of pride
to be able to bring work home right away to share with families. That if we
save it till the end of the year they have lost the emotional connection
with it. What I'm wondering now is could this just be poppycock?? Maybe I
should be saving their work for them -- at least, as someone mentioned, it
wouldn't get all scrunched up in a backpack.....
Any thoughts?
Liz in rural NY -- where it's still snowing!!!!!

---