Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project

---------

From: S Krause (frostyoranges_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 11:56:05 PST

Hi -

This has been driving me crazy! I remember using it at my grandparents'
house. I loved this stuff! I called my brother - he doesn't remember what
it's called, either. And I searched for a while on eBay (Maggie's right,
you can find almost ANYTHING on eBay) but I couldn't find it. What I DID
find was a book about the stuff, up for bid at $3.50 - maybe you could find
out more with that? The auction ends on March 27th; I copied this from
eBay's website:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=573289066
1969: FILM FUN by Alberta Meitin. Soft cover book in Excellent, Like-New
condition.32 pages. "Film-fun is a relatively old craft; the earliest
materials used for film creations may have been shellac and spider-webs.
Though film dipping began over forty years ago, it has gained popularity
only recently with the development of a strong, safe, and easy to use liquid
film. Basically it begins with twisting a flexible wire into any enclosed
shape, regular or irregular. The wire shape is dipped into a liquid acrylic
plastic, and forms a brilliant cellophane-like film as it spans across the
wire framework. With emphasis on color, transparency and simple wire forms,
liquid film-craft has becomee a modern space-age craft. It is simple, yet
fascinating; quick, yet involved; and it appeals to all ages. Because it
stimulates creativity, individuality, and self-expression, film-fun is fast
becoming a relaxing individual hobby as well as an entertaining activity for
the entire family." Projects include: Sun-glow Arrangement, Psychedelic
Iris,Fantasy Floral,Poinsettias,Love Tree,Cherry Tree, Shamrocks and
Clovers, Lilies, Umbrella,and Giant Mum. Buyer pays $3.50 for priority mail
or $1.60 book rate.

Hope this is a starting point!
Stephanie

---