Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project

---------

From: marcy bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 11:05:11 PST

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Holly112@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 12:57 AM
  Subject: Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project

  In a message dated 3/24/01 6:51:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
  jgriwatz@toolcity.net writes:

    It's called plastic dip. It is also used to dip tool handles. I am fairly
    certain that Lowes and most hardware/auto parts stores carry this item.

  No, no. I know what you are talking about. THe tool dip stuff is thick, the
  stuff they are talking about is dries thin, but translucent, like a stained
  glass look, I had it when I was young, and I can almost see the can, but my
  old brain can't come up with the name of the product. Maybe my mom will
  remember, she's the one who bought it for me! We used to make flowers with
  it..

  Holly :0) ---
leave-artsednet-5780X@lists.getty.edu

  It's called Dippy Glass (or Dippity Glass) came (comes) in very bright colors and created lovely thin transparent shapes. Have not used or ordered it for 15 years. Marcy

---