Re: Pre-Art Educators Advice Sought

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 09:17:03 PST

As the only art teacher (K-12) in my district it is very difficult to stay
current on art trends, as well as stay motivated. Lesson ideas can easily
become stagnet. I live in a very rural area so visiting other schools is not
always feasible. My advice regarding your fledglings would be that they
don't know where they will be teaching, and that regardless of where they
end up the internet will always be there. Any and all topics are readily
available for whatever lessons interest you. Our library is very lacking in
art related material, but with computers I can expect high level research
from them. Good luck!
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I am teaching a lesson to pre-art educators on the need to be "connected"
> to art education web resources. Would anyone like to offer a bit of
> advice to fledging art educators by listing one, brief experience or piece
> of advice? Your responses will be appreciated and used as a part of the
> lesson. Thank you.

---