Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: melting glass pieces

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 09:52:52 PST

There are glass firing schedules on a website, I will get that address and
post it later on-

You can use a pyrometer to get a really nice full fuse if you want to get
more complicated, but glass will melt just fine at bisque temperatures in a
regular clay firing and do some fun stuff.

A good friend has been doing glass for the past couple years and has
recently "turned me on" to the ease (and FUN!) of doing it in a clay kiln.
She is making some beautiful things and the process is really not too

As I said, I will post the web site address later on!

At 05:55 PM 3/24/2001 -0800, you wrote:
> from: Bunki Kramer (
> Los Cerros Middle School
> 968 Blemer Road
> Danville, CA 94526
> ************************
>>> Were your tiles pre-fired?
>>> Thanks, Linda W. In Norman, OK
> Ha. Do you SINCERELY think I would remember what cone we used OVER 35
>years ago? Sometimes I even get my own children's names mixed up. Lordy!
>Haven't a clue about the tiles either. My point can melt glass in
>a reg. kiln and it works. Try experimenting like we did. Toodles.... ---
Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert
 \|/ |
 -O- | |
 /|\ | | |
____ | |