NAEA conference and more

---------

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 08:17:57 PST

I'm still trying to digest all that I saw and experienced during the
conference. I was not able to be there for the entire conference but went
back and forth a number of days (made great use of the LIRR). It was
wonderful meeting the artsednetters, thank you so much Susan for arranging
Wed. dinner and Judy for the Name tags. I look forward to wearing it at
future conferences so we can meet up again. Special thanks to Anne Morrison
who not only gave a wonderful presentation on her schools computer art but
handed a CD of her presentation to all who were there. Incredible being able
to take back so many resources for inspiration of future projects. Another
wonderful presentation was Joan Maresh's Cool Tools/Cool Schools. I
concentrated a bit on the computer art workshops as I'm trying to build up
my school's program now. Joan's philosophy of "Making the computer as much a
tool as the pencil" is definitely one I share. It was great seeing new
products -- an art teacher in the vendor area is like a kid in a toy
store -- so much to play with. Saw great exhibits at MOMA, the Workplace
exhibit and Andreas Gursky's photography exhibit was incredible. Also, the
American Craft Museum's furniture exhibit, wonderful. It was great hearing
all the praise for NYC, it's a great place and has so much to offer. Looking
forward to next year.

Jane

---