Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Subject: Re: melting glass pieces

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 07:54:40 PST

I've also seen Ed Hoydt's workshop and booth at the conference and thought
that I could only work in a glass kiln. I would love to find out more on the
firing ...process...of glass in a ceramic kiln. A lot of us have ceramic
kilns and do not have the funds for another kiln. Thanks

You certainly can make glass pieces/ jewelry but try another
company...Sunshine Glass Works, Buffalo, NY. I have just finished full fuse
glass panels with an entire 7th grade team (120) kids. You can use a
ceramic kiln. If you want more info on would be
glad to accommodate. anna