Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

New lesson plans posted (more art soon)

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 13:47:45 PST

I am so grateful to Bunki for posting her students' art on the Web. I have
stolen two of her ideas for this trimester. My students are not as talented
as Bunki's (alright....I admit, I am not as good at "drawing" it out of
them) ---but they really have enjoyed the lessons! I used Bunki's students'
work as example since I had not done any myself. I am doing a drawing for
our book for the students --been working right along with them on my sample.

I used Bunki's "Ribbon and Hand" book for my seventh graders:
I have my lesson plans linked from:

I took Bunki's idea --but added a cultural influence with textile designs
( -- to enhance the core social
studies curriculum):

Bunki's "Surreal hands" have been a great time filler for me (for students
that finish early--or don't know what to do next --waiting for my help). I
am using it with all grade levels (6 -7- 8). I will post to the Web a sixth
grader's idea that he did in just a little more than one class period.

For those of you who missed Bunki's student art -- go to:
Student art linked from table at the bottom of the page.

Watch for a Jim McNeill Links page on my "Know the Artist" lesson. I am so
excited to have his blessing to be my "Living Artist" example. I have had
some fun already working on the page....but made myself quit so I can do it
along with my students as a demonstration.

Here is his home page (with frame at top removed)

Talk to you all later,
Judy Decker