Re: Digital Camera Recommendation?

---------

From: William Norton (alethiap_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 12:14:41 PST

>Greetings all...
>
>I am probably going to purchase a digital camera for myself in the next
>couple of months (getting tired of always asking permission to borrow the
>schools--and I want one for when I go to MAE "camp" this summer) and am
>wondering if anyone has one that they absolutely love (or hate for that
>matter) Pros and cons?
>
>I've been doing a lot of research. I want a camera that is cheap enough to
>haul around and not worry about, but good enough to grow with me.
>
>I'm leaning towards the Olympus 860L as it is a 1.3 megapixel, but will also
>take simpler shots for web pages. It comes with a 8 mg card, as USB
>reader/writer and some software that I don't need.
>
>Any stream of consciousness blurts are welcome and appreciated.
>Feel free to e-mail me privately about this as well.
>
>Donald Peters
>softsnow@hotmail.com

Don:

I would stongly recommend the Nikon cameras!!! We have ?, can't remember
the number, but it was $500 or so dollars. It takes great pictures and it
has more bells and whistles than the Olympus. The price seems to have
dropped on all the Nikons, so you have a lot to choose from. I believe it
also comes highly recommended by photo mags,etc.

Bill Norton

---