Re: portfolios

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 08:21:46 PST

I'm on a cart and so storage is minimal. I take 18"x24" tagboard, fold in
1/2, and tape on one end for student portfolios. We write their names at the
top and they are stored in the classroom. The teachers are really good about
passing them out before I get there so the students are ready to go when I
walk in. The portfolios go home at the end of the year with all artwork
inside. I take a quick poll every year, and for the kids I have had the
entire 7 years I've been at this school, I have appx. 90% that have ALL
their portfolios. I believe that having it all together and in a convient
storage container plays a big part. We had a discussion on this last year
(?) and there is a controversy over weather or not to send artwork home or
keep it together, so it'll be interesting to see what ideas spark up this
time.
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I was wondering how other people keep Art portfolios for their children.
Dana

---