Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project


From: Jill Christine Griwatz (jgriwatz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 03:46:54 PST

It's called plastic dip. It is also used to dip tool handles. I am fairly
certain that Lowes and most hardware/auto parts stores carry this item.
----- Original Message -----
From: Maggie White <>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: looking for plastic dip item for art project

> Mary Lynn wrote:
> >
> > About 20 years ago I worked with an occupational therapy group (art
> > projects) and we used a canned dip substance to create flowers, etc. It
> > was available in fairly bright colors and to use it you dipped wire
> > (closed shapes) into it and the substance stretched across the wires
> > dishwashing soap and water spread across a "bubble blowing" circle. It
> > dries transparent.
> >
> > Does anyone know what this product is and where to get it?
> Yow, this was some groovy stuff! I used to use it when I was in high
> school some 30 years ago. Haven't seen it in years. It's possible you
> may be able to find it on e-bay, if we can just remember the name. It's
> amazing the stuff people sell there.
> Maggie
> ---