Re: new teacher

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 20:51:29 PST

My problem was the opposite--when I started the "old"teac her had had
virtually no control--there were holes in the walls and the ceilings,
there were no supplies, no brushes etc. and all the studends had learned
how to be totally unrestrained and obnoxious and to steal and destroy
everything they could grab. My first couple of years
were hell trying to get them under my thumb. You need to be thankful for
the things a good "old" teacher left in place for you althought you don't
even realize them. I do know what you mean when it hurts your feelings
when they speak of other past teachers--just human nature and we art
people are sensitive types! Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #