Re: new teacher

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 20:07:38 PST

I was a new teacher last year at the high school...came from the middle
school and there were several students in my classes that I had had in
middle school.

Students love to give new teachers a hard time. They kept telling me that
"Mr. Old Teacher" was coming back and what was I going to do. I would tell
them that I wasn't going anywhere and what was "Mr. Old Teacher" going to
do.

During that first semester, I'll admit that I didn't get a lot of quality
work because they complained about every lesson I did...until I began doing
some very different really neat lessons...and they began to come around.

This is my second year and "I've got 'em now". Not a single person even
mentions "Mr. Old Teacher" anymore...come to think of it, I think all of the
comments ceased by the second semester last year.
Carolyn Roberts
Kinston High School
Kinston, NC
croberts@coastalnet.com