Re: Rock around the Clock Theme and other NAEA memories

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 17:12:51 PST

Yes! I didn't know that it was so small. I too almost walked right by it.
It felt so strange to be able to go right up to some of my favorite works
and inspect the brush strokes. I was amazed that Van Gogh didn't cover all
of the canvas with paint. I loved seeing Starry Night and the Postman. My
visits to MOMA and the Met were awe inspiring and I wanted to rush home and
paint "stuff." Dick and I also were able to visit the Museum of Natural
History as well and that was worthwhile. We saw how our ancestors probably
looked at the Evolution Exhibit (Woody would have liked it.) We went to St.
Patrick's Cathedral, Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown, Studio 54 where we saw
Cabaret. We rode the subway and walked through Central Park, which I loved.
My favorite part, though, was meeting all the artsednetters. My biggest
surprise though was that Randy Menninghaus was a very nice and friendly gal
and not a guy! (She won't know this until now.) LOL We really missed
everyone who wasn't able to join us. I agree with all who said that this is
a terrific group. Many of your ears should have been ringing! Judy