Re: new teacher

---------

From: Lisa Davis (davisli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 11:16:02 PST

That is soooooo frustrating! The teacher who was here before me was VERY lenient, so I am still hearing "I wish Mr. S. were here" or "Mr S. let us.......". Since I teach 6-8 I only have one more year with the ghost of Mr S. Looking forward to that time.

>>> car12@cox.rr.com 03/23/01 10:53AM >>>
Hi, this is a question for all the new art teachers who start at a new school and can't live up to the "ghost of the old art teacher." Even when you're finally feeling good about a lesson or something, a kid will say,"I wish the old art teacher was here or I wish we did what we did last year." My first day of school,I was greeted by a teacher who said," You've got big shoes to fill." Okay, thanks for the encouragment. Is it just me or has anyone else felt that way before?