Re: new teacher

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 11:14:08 PST

Caryn Kim,
        The way things have been going of late, many of us are just
hoping that an "art teacher" will be there to fill our shoes.
I am retiring in 799 days and want an art program to continue
to be there for the sake of the kids an the community.
        Be glad that you had a quality art program to follow. I can
just imagine how little I knew when I started. Those first few
years were a big experiment, but I got better. One day you will
leave and just hope the students get another newbie to complain
to. At NAEA in New York we were told that 60% of all teachers
will leave the profession in the next eight years. I'm glad your
students have you, even if you are not as good as you are going
to be.
        My district will pay me $1000 extra per month to leave early.
I hope they soon learn that they will be better off offering seasoned
teachers the same bonus to stay longer.
                                                          Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail