Re: sages

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 05:55:32 PST

 I'd let it slide this time and next time don't let it go home..at least he cared enuf to turn it in and if someone helped him at home at least there was some home interaction..Barb

  wjbaas@execpc.com wrote:

Hey all you sages out there,
I need help. Picture this. HS drawing and painting class-------small
but difficult in that some are there only to earn a D- and graduate.
Nasty administration. OK ? Now, a not real bright student , but polite
and a gentleman (sits next to Mr. Obnoxious who has a s.a. answer for
every comment made by anyone). Assignment was to bring something in to
paint of own choosing. Kid brings in cartoon from some package with a
female figure on it pictured up close. Was not really offensive but an
advertisement with no thought given as to originality or creativity.
Other students brought in sports logos or did nothing. Some started
paging thru my rack of reference photos and magazines for ideas. Due to
the fact that they had 3 weeks to drum up an idea, I figured they would
be ready to draw their image large and begin to paint. HOHO. This young
man asked if he could take his home and work on it. Lo and behold he
came back with a really well done copy of the image. Sounds good ?
right? One large problem-------I've never seen that kind of drawing
come from his fingers. A miracle hath occurred. Now how would you handle
this situation. Keep in mind the nasty admin. Cannot be confrontive, yet
is this fair???????? to those that did the work themselves?
Need words of wisdom.
Thanks,
Gelato