Re: Red Yellow, Blue...Three Blind Mice...

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 19:47:03 PST

The students I teach are at-risk. In addition, only a handful have had Art
in elementary school. Most do not remember the primary colors, even when
they mix them themselves. In my attempts to teach primary colors to MIDDLE
SCHOOLERS who still don't know them, I made up my own version of a primary
color song, which I sing to them--its a little embarrassing, but I smile...
(First I have to ask them to copy these words in their notebook, so they can
to actually sing this in class, but some must practice in private, because
more are remembering faster than the classes I had without the song last
term...) Here goes:

Primary colors, primary colors:
Red, yellow blue. Red, yellow, blue.
They make all the other colors
So I don't need the others!
Red, yellow, blue.
I only need you!

I use it for bonus points on tests, too, if they can write the "lyrics".

Holly :0)

In a message dated 3/21/01 9:39:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Smileatsusan@aol.com writes:

> Red Yellow Blue
> Red Yellow Blue
> You are the primary colors
> You make all of the other colors
> Oh, how I wish I was a color
> like Red Yellow, Blue
> Red, Yellow, Blue...
>
> (Warning, they will never forget this song, and will sing it through 7th
> grade! ;)

---