Re: sages

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 18:56:13 PST

wjbaas@execpc.com wrote:

> <snip> This young
> man asked if he could take his home and work on it. Lo and behold he
> came back with a really well done copy of the image. Sounds good ?
> right? One large problem-------I've never seen that kind of drawing
> come from his fingers. A miracle hath occurred. Now how would you handle
> this situation.

Hope you have past examples of his work handy. Lay them alongside the
miracle drawing and simply point out the difference in renderings, and
that this new drawing is pretty unbelievable considering his past work.
Look him straight in the eye and ask him who REALLY did the drawing. If
he won't budge from saying that he did, ask him to do something similar
(or even the same thing) in class--not the whole thing, but enough of a
portion that would force him to demonstrate his new-found virtuosity.

I've had this happen before once or twice, and the comparison alone made
them admit someone else had done the work. Good luck with this--we hate
to think of our students doing something unethical just to pass our
class, but it does occasionally happen. Hope this incident doesn't
leave your room and make its way to the admin.

Maggie

---