Re: Nude figure drawing in Youth Art Month exhibit

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 16:06:21 PST

In a message dated 03/22/2001 6:29:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kdefibau@tomsriver.k12.nj.us writes:

> I am worried that it will stir a
> controversy and affect future requests to exhibit in the State House but I
> am also concerned about censoring work for the show. What do you think I
> should do? I will present your suggestions to the board of the Art
> Educators of NJ to help them decide what to do.

I would get the opinion of at least 5 other people that you feel would
understand the consequences of this piece being seen in this context. A
principal, counselor, other teachers, a parent? Ask yourself if this is
worth the stir it might cause or get the opinion of the others and maybe they
think it is all right.

Sometimes it is not worth the hassle if you think it would be in poor taste.
However if it is a good piece of art and it really is not offensive then go
ahead.

just my 2 cents,

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA