RE: The end of NPR, NEA and PBS??

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 14:24:38 PST

This is an old urban legend. Even if it was true, e-mails are not read by
most of congress, according to recent studies. Also e-mail petitions have no
legal or ethical weight because they are so easy to forge and so difficult
to verify. Check
http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/weekly/aa052798.h
tm?terms=npr for more details on this legend.

To check out any story you receive before forwarding it
http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/mbody.htm
http://www.snopes2.com/
http://www.ulrc.com.au/html/using_the_research_centre.asp

Personally I love urban legends, but some especially about serial killers,
gang activities, and dangerous pranks can be dangerous to circulate. Police
officers are worried want-to-be's will believe these (especially initiation
rights) and copy them.

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)