conference

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 17:18:54 PST

Did anyone else get over to Shelley's NY for dinner? It is just a few
blocks from the hotel and the food was reasonable (for NY) and excellent
... and best of all, the art is wonderful. I guess we were on art
overload because I did not notice the artwork until one of the people I
was having dinner with casually remarked that the wall beside me was
signed by Peter Max. Lo and behold, the walls were covered in Peter Max
paintings. And, on closer inspection, the corners and a ceiling mural
were original Red Grooms' cut outs.

I kept trying to meet Judy and pick up my ArtsEdNet badge, but either
Judy would be busy or somebody would grab me everytime I had a moment to
get to the Sax booth. So, Judy, thanks for making the badges and I
apologize for not getting mine.

We saw "The Full Monty" one evening and loved it. And before you ask,
yes they do the full monty.

Other highlights: meeting some of you, seeing Sharon, visiting a
friend's studio for the afternoon, meeting Robert McCall, seeing my new
books for the first time, having an article in the conference issue of
SchoolArts, hearing some terrific speakers, the art, the art, the art.

Looking forward to Miami. The next conference coordinator has a hard
act to follow. Maybe we should nominate Nancy again!

From Texas, where spring has sprung (high 70s today & lots of pollen),
Pam

---