Re: NAEA & RIT

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 16:10:28 PST

10 Things I loved:

1. Organization done by Nancy Walkup on her own time so
we'd have a great time!

2. Sessions - I'll post some notes later - I learned so
much!

3. ArtEdNet friends - I have faces that go with names
now!

4. Judy Nagel and Company! She is lovely and delightful!

5. Museums!!!!Especially the Whitney

6. AIDA - A must see - the music, costume, sets - all
breathtaking - and we got tickets at the last minute!

7. Sandy Soglund

8. Ray's Pizza and Rosa's Mexicano (this was not Taco
Bell - it was unbelievable!) And the sculpture on the
wall going upstairs - with tiny women swimmers, hundreds
of them under cascading water - anyone know the piece and
who the artist would be?

9. Soho and the subway

10.All the art everywhere - I took 3 rolls of film just
around Rockefeller Center.

I am in Rochester now for the RIT Fellowship for
photography for educators that starts tomorrow. Are there
any artsednet people up here? I know several others are
coming in tomorrow for the sessions. We will fill you in
on what we cover as well.

The museum here is wonderful as are the people. I have to
say that all here are SOOOOO WARM AND FRIENDLY!

Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy