Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 15:05:49 PST

I just was at the Rochester Art Museum yesterday -
wonderful collections! I happened to take note of the
painting THE SCULPTURE GALLERY (1875). It was exquisite -
especially how the light illuminated the space depicted.
It reminded me of Norman Rockwell composition / vignette
of life / and it could have been a cover for the Saturday
Evening Post. I wondered if Rockwell had been influenced
by Sir Lawrence's work.(1836-1912) You might be able to
do a lesson comparing both artists and what moments they
chose to capture. Then have students cpture their own

Though I am unfamiliar with the piece THE SPRING and this
may not apply.

"Does anyone know how I can get a lesson plan for
elementary school kids for the artists Lawrence Alam
Tadema "The Spring"? I can't find any infor...thank

Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy

Do You Yahoo!?