Re: art literature

---------

From: Ann Wilschke (awilschk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 05:35:54 PST

I just read The Girl With the Pearl Earring. It was quite good. Based on
Vermeer's life as told thru the eyes of a servant girl in his home.
There are other historical novels based on artists..The all time best book
I ever read was Howard Carter's account of opening the tomb of King Tut,
but it is hard to find.
Ann Wilschke
Middle school Art
Michigan

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 Tmcnorf@aol.com wrote:

>does anyone have any ideas for novels about artists, or visual art topics
>that would be interesting enough to get middle school students to read out of
>class and discuss in class????
>

>---

---