Re: What would you charge to teach a 2-hour workshop?

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 19:49:10 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
************************
>> QUESTION: if you were asked to give a single 2-hour workshop to train a
>> group of classroom teachers in a particular skill - ie, simple stencil
>> printing, or some other skill they could use in their classrooms - how much
>> would you charge for your time? >> Thanks,>> Stephanie
******************

I was asked to do an Art & Math workshop for math teachers a few years
ago...what a scream!...me teaching math teachers!....in another district.
The presentation was for 2 fast-paced hours for 25 math teachers. They said
they would pay me but we didn't decide until just beforehand what I would be
paid. They gave me $500...BUT...the materials were to be included in this
amount (which was up to me). I left it entirely up to them and they paid me
more than I would have asked for! It's something worth thinkin'
about...waiting to see what THEY will offer.

It also gave me a heady experience of knowing I was worth more than I had
initially considered my services to be. Don't sell yourself short. Your time
is worth $$$. If a district is footing the bill, then shoot for the stars!!
Districts are used to paying more money.

There's also the game of politics and getting your name out there to be
known in your area that is just as important as the $$$. You'll need to
decide what the motivation is for you.

It would be interesting to know what you finally decide to charge. Let us
know. Toodles.....Bunki

---