Re: What would you charge to teach a 2-hour workshop?

---------

From: John Antoine Labadie (labadie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 17:27:29 PST

> QUESTION: if you were asked to give a single 2-hour workshop to train
> a group of classroom teachers in a particular skill - ie, simple
> stencil printing, or some other skill they could use in their
> classrooms - how much would you charge for your time? Granted, this
> will vary tremendously from city to city, and depending on what
> organization you're billing, but I'm curious as to going rates. So
> far I've heard $300, 250 and $200. (or of course FREE if you're
> presenting at a conference! :) ) Just wondering if there's a
> consensus.
> Thanks,
> Stephanie

Stephanie:

Relative to the question about fee structures for workshops, a
strategy I have often used is this ... define a simple equation: a (my
per hour charge) X b (the number of persons attending) X c (the
number of hours of the workshop) = the fee. Or (a minimum of) $25
per hour X (for example) 10 persons attending X (for example) 2
hours = $500.00. If the fee seems too steep for a group or
organization we then negotiate. IMHO this exercise provides a "fair"
basis for discussions.

Hope this helps.

John

---