Re: What would you charge to teach a 2-hour workshop?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 17:19:49 PST

S Krause wrote:

> QUESTION: if you were asked to give a single 2-hour workshop to train a
> group of classroom teachers in a particular skill - ie, simple stencil
> printing, or some other skill they could use in their classrooms - how much
> would you charge for your time? Granted, this will vary tremendously from
> city to city, and depending on what organization you're billing, but I'm
> curious as to going rates. So far I've heard $300, 250 and $200. (or of
> course FREE if you're presenting at a conference! :) ) Just wondering
> if there's a consensus.

> Thanks,
> Stephanie

Stephanie,
        I just volunteered to do a presentation for free. It's to teachers in
my own district. I think we need to share ideas. If someone were to
have money to spend, I think $150 for two hours would be fair. It depends
upon the travel involved. That's what I paid to a presenter earlier this
year.
                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail