Re: Middle aged Professionals

---------

From: ´|Lá (mack88_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 08:23:18 PST

I am intrigued that there are so many middle age non -tenured teachers.I, as well am approaching the half century mark and will be tenured after this year. I taught a couple of years right out of college...freelanced...had a family and worked as a mural painter, initiated various school system freebee mural projects... built theatre props,adult ed classes, art history mentor teaching volunteers, My conclusions...
     .I love art. I love kids...I love teaching and the inner striving to make it a balance between expression and technique...With years of experience and a survivor's understanding of what counts in life...I am going to be around a while I hope...joyfully.
K MACK