Re: What would you charge to teach a 2-hour workshop?

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 16:50:42 PST

In a message dated 03/20/2001 3:21:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
frostyoranges@hotmail.com writes:

> QUESTION: if you were asked to give a single 2-hour workshop to train a
> group of classroom teachers in a particular skill - ie, simple stencil
> printing, or some other skill they could use in their classrooms - how much

I would charge $200 because if the workshop is done with a group of
teachers it would be nice to not charge too much but enough to compensate you
for your work. If you want to do many others it might be nice to not price
yourself out, but increase slowly depending upon how many workshops you are
being asked to do.

Budgets for presentors can be small and this might work for getting you the
job. When I was a mentor I organizeda few workshops, but my budget was very
low so my presentors got between $100- $200. for the sessions. These were
friends and fellow teachers.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA

---