What would you charge to teach a 2-hour workshop?

---------

From: S Krause (frostyoranges_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 15:18:53 PST

Hello dear ArtsEdNetters,

It was nice to meet those of you who were at the convention! Hope to meet
the rest of you someday. The convention was quite invigorating, as you've
heard. Unfortunately I didn't get too many handouts, so not much to share
via the printed word.

QUESTION: if you were asked to give a single 2-hour workshop to train a
group of classroom teachers in a particular skill - ie, simple stencil
printing, or some other skill they could use in their classrooms - how much
would you charge for your time? Granted, this will vary tremendously from
city to city, and depending on what organization you're billing, but I'm
curious as to going rates. So far I've heard $300, 250 and $200. (or of
course FREE if you're presenting at a conference! :) ) Just wondering
if there's a consensus.

If anyone has an answer, and you want to post to the list, could you also
cc: me at frostyoranges@hotmail.com please? I'm on the digest version & I'd
love your feedback (if any) sooner that it'll take me to get the digest with
your answers!

Thanks,
Stephanie

---