Re: Formula for good trees

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 18:10:56 PST

> >I have devised a formula for good trees. No more trunks and sticks!
> Sometimes I think it is valid to go step by step
> with little kids. They loved this lesson.

In teaching art, we must do whatever we need to do to reach EVERY child.
Everyone learns differently and everyone teaches differently. That's why we
all share our ideas. No one way is always the RIGHT way...if it were, we
would all be teaching art from a book, step by step, page by page...just
like
the math teachers have to do...wouldn't that be terrible! The main positive
about teaching art...is that we can teach the "same concepts" but in a
different
way each time...isn't it a wonderful life!
Carolyn Roberts
Kinston High School
Kinston, NC
croberts@coastalnet.com