Computer question about running out of memory

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 14:20:09 PST

Hi,
            The development assistant and the collections manager are doing
this big report + 5 year plan for both museums. 60+ pages lots of
photographs. Iím worried that they may crash the computer - running out of
memory (it has happened before). If I add the size of the Word2000 file +
(the average size of a photo (224KB) X number of photographs), that will
give me an estimate of the total size that I can compare to the 96 Megs of
RAM on the machine they are using. If it is too big (read close to say Ĺ the
RAM because she has lots of programs running in the background), then the
development assistant should subdivide the report into different files (easy
to do it has sections), before she starts adding photographs, right? I have
a special ed group tomorrow and I just know they are going to call me in a
panic about this during the field trip. Iím also going to tell them to back
it up to disk before doing anything else.

Kimberly Herbert ( kimberly@wcc.net <mailto:kimberly@wcc.net> )
CAM Administrator