Re: art jobs

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 13:39:23 PST

TYLER School of ART produces an excellent pamphlet on art careers.
According to the latest statistics from the Bureau of Labor, the Visual Arts
are second behind the Computer Sciences in offering opportunities for
employment. The Visual Arts far out rank any other Humanities areas for
employment potential.

So why are we considered a minor subject area?

BTW Tyler is a great art school choice. Because it is connected with Temple
University,
Pa residents get state school tuition prices. Tyler's Graphic Design program
is one of the best in the country. Graduates get the choice job offerings.

Patty

> Hi -
> I used ot have a listing of 100's of jobs that you could pursue with a
> degree in art (it was sent from one of the art colleges) but I can't find
> it. I tried the web and all I got were employment pages. Does anyone have
> soemthing like this? I want to share it with some studnets, they think
> their only options are graphic design and freeelance....

---