Re: blueshirt?

---------

From: jaugusta (jaugusta_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 13:03:56 PST

> Deb pretty much hit it on the head about the "blue shirt". The Milwaukee
Arts
> Commission choose Dennis Oppenheim's design of a huge blue shirt to be
> atttached to out new parking structure at the airport. I don't remember
the

Dennis Oppenheim's an excellent artist who's made some very powerful,
personal, sculpture--one I remember seeing shocked everyone who saw it.
There was a little figure--about half-size human with a bronze head seated
on a platform facing a large bell like the liberty bell. Perfectly still
until suddenly it slid along a rail toward the bell and banged its head
violently into it. The combined movement plus sound had viewers up in
alarm. I think the title was "Born to Raise Hell" after the motto of a
murderer who had been recently apprehended.

All this is to make me wonder why something as innocuous as a blue shirt?
Hard to believe he'd let it go at just that!

best wishes,
joseph

---