Re: blueshirt?

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 12:47:15 PST

Deb pretty much hit it on the head about the "blue shirt". The Milwaukee Arts
Commission choose Dennis Oppenheim's design of a huge blue shirt to be
atttached to out new parking structure at the airport. I don't remember the
name of the material it is to be built from , but I understand it only came on
blue and oppenheim didn't mean anything about Milwaukeeans being blue collar
workers. I believe the cost of the piece has a price tag of 225,000- which is
one percent of the cost of the building. It really had the public in an uproar
that it was a blue shirt and the price tag of 225,000.
MaryB

Batmom44@aol.com wrote:

> OK, now I am curious. What is the blue shirt controversy going on in
> Milwaukee?

---