Re: Grading for Elementary Art

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 09:03:33 PST

In a message dated 3/18/01 10:29:43 AM Central Standard Time,
lin@altmanink.com writes:

> Following the example of a wonderful teacher I know who has many years
> of experience, I started using the following method. For each project, I
> post 4 to 5 criteria. Each student can be as creative as they want as
> long as they follow the criteria for the project. Grading is based on
> whether
> or not they did follow it
> Lin

I still use this system in the high school -Final grades are "weighted" based
on
         40% Studio Projects (grade based on how well specified -criteria was
met)
         30% Sketchbook (10 entries required per week)
         15% Class participation (Discussions, Presentations, Clean-up etc.)
         15% Quizes, Tests, Written work
I use the MTG program for both grading and attendence by GRADEBUSTERS
Kathy in Kalamazoo

---