Re: technique vs. expression~ larry

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 07:03:19 PST

Larry, this thread and your response really hit home with me this week. I
think this is a problem we deal with (especially in the high school) with
students wanting to "do their own thing" vs. some planned lessons expected
by the teacher. You put a different spin on it and it helps to know that
we're all not alone in this. Hat's off to you for sticking with it through
all the "art education teaching styles" and remaining true to your passion
for being a practicing artist.

I use your website a lot in my lessons. Thanks for sharing.

Judie J in Atlanta

>I had no anticipation of the response my post would bring....and I am no
>different in wanting to be accepted just like anyone else. The artist
>nature of mine would keep me going up against the stream's flow regardless
>....however, it...(how should I say?), warmed my heart to read your
>little plein air watercolor and oil painting for the day. Spring is making
>its debut!!! 8^)
>
>-Larry
>http://www.artsmentor.org

---