Re: technique vs. expression~ larry

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 06:41:46 PST

Well...thanks for your willingness to read thru my long post. I lived it.
I cried through those years. My children grew up dressed and depending on
thrift store sales. We also grew stronger and closer as a family. I kept
my foot in the door- subteaching for eight years for three districts...and
it was all very difficult. Sales of my art works kept us floating. Now...a
bit humiliating keeping a 1984 van running, never having owned a new
vehicle....and at 46 years of age seems a bit silly to have one more year to
complete for tenuring. Silly to just now be looking at TSA and retirement
plans. Those experiences are like the hot sun's light coming thru a window
falling upon two lumps of clay on the window's sill. Who knows why, that
one lump should dry out, harden and crack....while the other responds to the
warm sun rays by softening? I thank God I have not become a cranky bitter
resentful old fool after all these years.

I had no anticipation of the response my post would bring....and I am no
different in wanting to be accepted just like anyone else. The artist
nature of mine would keep me going up against the stream's flow regardless
....however, it...(how should I say?), warmed my heart to read your
little plein air watercolor and oil painting for the day. Spring is making
its debut!!! 8^)

-Larry
http://www.artsmentor.org

---