student work on internet

---------

From: Merrilee Gladkosky (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 05:59:05 PST

I'm having a problem with school politics, cutting through some fog to get
clear answers and I know that this group will most likely have them. I
wouldlike to put pictures of some stuff my kids have done lately on the
internet. I'm so proud of them. We have a school site and two people are
the webmasters but there is some uncertainty if it's okay to put student
work on the web....though they think it's fine without a face, a name,
etc...which makes sense to me. No names, etc. Is it okay for an art
teacher to maintain a separate website to put artwork of their kids on that
is not part of but could be linked to the school site or am I asking for
trouble? I am willing to spend the time, money and energy, but the road
blocks are so frustrating that I'm wanting to go "outside the system" just
to accomplish my goal. Help and advice please, please.]
Merrilee in Connecticut

---