A toast to Nancy Walkup

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 18:57:00 PST

I hope that all of you who attended the conference in New York City will
personally thank Nancy Walkup for the extraordinary measures she took to
make this a special experience for everyone who attended. As conference
coordinator, Nancy was responsible for tasks that would overwhelm most
of us.

Did you know that the position of conference coordinator is a volunteer
position? Nancy gave innumerable hours to make sure that this was a
conference with appeal and significance. I won't even venture a guess
at how many weekends this past year she gave up so that she could attend
planning meetings.

In many instances, Nancy went above and beyond what was expected. If
you went museum hopping like I did, the price of your registration was
more than counterbalanced by all the free or reduced-price admissions
that were provided with the NAEA Conference badge. You can thank Nancy
for this "little" perk.

I encourage you to think of what you most appreciated about the
conference this year -- the sessions, the speakers, anything at all --
and then give Nancy a big thank you. She deserves your praise on this
one, folks.

A toast to Nancy ... next year will have a hard act to follow.

Pam Stephens

---