Re: Grading for Elementary Art

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 09:37:22 PST

In a message dated 3/17/01 11:54:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TPOODLE40@aol.com writes:

> I want the kids to follow
> the directions, but yet I don't want them to get discouraged and shut down
> either because they could not express themselves creativly. Any opinions
> on

When I've run into this, I always praise the student enthusiastically for
their work and creativity. Then I break the news to them that they have to
meet the criteria for the project for grading puposes. I ask them to do
another for "me" and that I will be sure to give them extra credit for their
own. That has worked for me at every grade level and I've taught K-8...

Holly :0)

---