Visual art and music integration

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 07:45:01 PST

Not exactly what Mary Ann was looking for....but might be of interest to
some of the rest of you.

Here is Larry Seiler's lesson-- Painting to music:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/ArtSchool/Toolbox/RespondingMusic/

I always integrate music appreciation with my units -- Example Romare
Bearden and Jazz. Nearly all of Beardens' works relate to sound of some
kind.

Here is a Blues/African American art lesson:
http://edsitement.neh.gov/lessonplans/blues.html

I have more links for music integration on my Comprehensive Arts page:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/comparts.htm

Cindy G. sent these to me for clay whistles:
www.ninestones.com , www.whistlepress.com , and www.clayz.com

Here are two links that have been posted before--Make clay whistles:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/2525/whistles/whistle.html

http://www.hominid.net/whistle_making_sequence.htm

---