Re: paper sculpture ideas?

---------

From: LOUISE HARVILLA (harv4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 07:30:58 PST

Dear Anna,

        I'm not entirely certain what you had in mind when refering to "paper"
but, using recycled cardboard scraps that I had chopped up with the
paper cutter into a variety of small, med.& lg. shapes -rectangles,
triangles, squares, long strips of various widths etc. the 6th grade
kiddos worked in design teams to assemble structures such as towers,
roller coasters etc. After gluing and securing the structure they then
painted in a variety of color choices such as color triads, complements
etc. The kids really loved this project and still continued to talk
about it for the next few years! Isn't that the way it sometimes goes- a
project the teacher whips together in the least amount of time is one of
the students favorite projects. They had title cards to go with their
project and written reflections or "stories" of how the structure works.
We have done sooo many projects with recycled cardboard!- Louise

---