Re: technique vs. expression~ larry

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 06:42:29 PST

Larry , These statements remind me of the the "blue shirt" controversey going on
here in Milw. I suppose Dennis Opppenheim knew any art here was really going to
get scrutinized to the max! I am glad he won in the end and the Blue Shirt will
go up by the airport.
MaryB

Larry Seiler wrote:
"of monies spent wondering what good having art as a subject is anyway.Realistic
works are works the uneducated nonaesthetic mind can determine to represent that
learning is happening, is obvious, and thus money well spent.

> It is a shame that art has to be defended anyway, and sad that personal
> value for the individual is not enough. If art can be proven to support a
> broader educational value...woven into the academics, then it is worthy of
> tax support.

---