Hard edge paintings

---------

From: Ruth Campbell (rcampbell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 11:22:08 PST

Hard Edge Paintings in Acrylics

I have taught both H.S. as well as Jr High, and have used hard edge
paintings many times--
would love to pick your brain about best applications, ideas I may not
have though of-

Provided just the primary colors plus black and white this time around,
and the incredible color mixing and matching took on a life of its own.
Have also added Crayola's acrylic pearlescent and done metallics.

The most fun of all, albeit a little "crafty" was blocking off a 8 X 10
rectangle in the middle of
a 16 x 20 canvas board, and after the whole hard edge painting was
complete,
we cut an x across the center, peeled the canvas back, removed the 8 x 10
cardboard ( or smaller)
and finished by folding the flaps to the back, gluing, and mounting a
mirror behind.

 I've used hard edge for years, so if you're interested I have several more
variations, but would love some of yours=

---